Program Officer TB
Centre for Communication and Social Impact (CCSI) is one of the sub awardees on Breakthrough ACTION Nigeria project, a five-year, USAID-funded project. The goal of Breakthrough ACTION/Nigeria is to increase the practice of 17 priority individual and household level behaviours and five provider targeted behaviours in the areas of malaria; maternal, new born, child health and nutrition; family planning and reproductive health (RH); and tuberculosis, while increasing the capacity of national and sub-national entities to coordinate and oversee quality SBC programming. Implementation will vary by health area across eleven states.
The TB demand generation community mobilization activities is currently being implemented by CCSI in 4 BA-N states. The Centre requires an experienced APO/PO in Abuja to carry out the scope of work outlined below:
Minimum Required Experience:
A medical doctor/MPH
- The Program Officer – TB will work with the team working on the BA-N malaria and TB project in CCSI and will report to the Project Coordinator in providing technical and programmatic support for the implementation of TB project in the intervention states.
- S/He will have primary responsibility for day-to-day coordination with national and state-level TB and ACSM implementing partners, governments and state project teams
- The PO will provide technical assistance to the project in the areas of TB, social and behaviour change (SBC) capacity strengthening, community mobilization, social and mass media strategies and advocacy
- The PO will also assist in developing TB workplans and reports, and support implementation at national and state level.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The Program Officer’s specific duties will include:
- Work with Project Coordinator, Malaria & TB to implement the TB components of BA-Nigeria project, as assigned.
- Support national and state level coordination with governments, policy makers, TB implementing partners and other stakeholders
- Assist with the establishment and maintenance of effective relationships, monitoring and evaluation with intervention state teams, TB project partners, implementing partners, National and State TBLS and other key stakeholders
- Assist with establishing relationships and coordinating with USAID TB service delivery and commodity logistics partners in project states and at national level
- Provide support for training and capacity building activities targeted at BA-Nigeria project partners, heath service providers, community-based organization, community volunteers etc.
- Assist with the development and writing of timely program reports on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis and disseminate program success stories, and other reporting duties as assigned
- The position will be based at the CCSI Office in Abuja
- Perform job duties/responsibilities in support of CCSI’s Vision, Mission and Values, as appropriate.
- Other duties as necessary and assigned by supervisors, Deputy Director, Malaria and TB at the BA-Nigeria country office as well as the ED, CCSI.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Public health, Communications, Social Sciences, Health Education, or another related field
- Minimum of 5 years of experience on Tuberculosis programs, and at least 3 years working experience with SBC or demand creation.
- Experience working in northern Nigeria
- Proven teamwork and facilitation skills
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to initiate and implement activities with minimal oversight and supervision.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.)
- Ability to communicate well in Hausa language highly desired.