Social Behaviour Change Consultant
Benue, Enugu, Kebbi and Osun State
The SBC consultant is responsible for coordinating state level SBC activities on the nutrition and gender campaign.
September – December 2021
- Provide SBC leadership for the state mobilization team on the community engagement workstream of the campaign; working closely with Farmer Satisfaction Representatives (FSRs) and Influencers
- Serve as the campaign’s liaison with key stakeholders and ensure community activities are implemented accordance to approved campaign strategy, work plans and scheduled deliverables, to realize stated goal.
- Ensure program design and implementation address gender roles within the local society and cultural context.
- Support coordination of the team responsible for respective roles in the nutrition and gender campaign
- Assist with coordinating media component of the campaign, including media monitoring of outlets engaged to broadcast the campaign
- Participate in pretesting activities and prepare report as needed.
- Ensure SBC materials are available in the state and distributed across LGAs for community activities
- Plan and facilitate monthly team meetings with FSRs
- Write reports and document success stories relating to the campaign
- Ensure data management and documentation
- Provide administrative oversight for the state team
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Technical expertise, Experiences, Skills and Knowledge:
- BSc degree or higher in public health, communications, Agric extension or related field
- At least 3 years of experience leading social and behavior change activities to improve nutrition and gender outcomes for women and children.
- At least 5 years of experience implementing behavior change and community mobilization campaigns and linking nutrition with agricultural activities.
- Strong experience in training and mentoring;
- Gender designing and implementing gender-sensitive programming
- Ability to take initiatives with minimal supervision.
- Strong planning and organizational skills, with the ability to think and act strategically
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions independently.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in written and oral communications. The ability to communicate complex issues
- Advanced independent critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Experience working on international donor-funded projects is preferred;
- Experience working as part of a multidisciplinary team and effectively culturally diverse individuals
- Strong computer skills: proficient with Microsoft Office software (Excel, Word and Power point)
- Strong verbal and written skills in English and the local Nigeria language of the state being applied for is an asset.